Research and DevelopmentLooking tomthe future, drawing on the past.
Innovative Technological Solutions
Dedicated to meeting the latest challenges posed by societal, scientific, and industrial problems, Thormac constantly strives to find innovative ways to meet customer demands, improve productivity and meet legislative requirements. Focusing on product development we collaborate with specialist suppliers to bring next generation product to market.
Research and Development
- Working with OEM customers to replace metal with plastic
- Innovative Products
- Trialing new and advanced materials such as Kydex, Ultem, Cycoloy & LexanFST
Plastic for Metal Box
- Alu metal box converted to PP GF40%
- Part weighs 33% less
- Reduced Noise Pollution
- Easier to
Plastic for Metal Tripod
- Formerly metal tripod covert to PA6 GF20% FR
- Part weights 23grms
- 27 sec cycle-time
- Easier to recycle
District Heating End Caps (DHECs)
Collaboration through the supply chain
- With a focus on new product development and an understanding of challenges in the aviation industry, SEKISUI SPI and Thormac have collaborated on the first trials of SEKISUI SPI’s new family of injection moulding materials to the KYDEX® Thermoplastics Aviation Portfolio.
- KYDEX® injection moulding compounds are a PVC/PMMA alloy and have the same physical properties as KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet. Offered in both KYDEX® 6565IM and KYDEX® T-IM, KYDEX® injection moulding resins are available in both fully compliant and vertical burn compliant grades.
- KYDEX® injection moulding materials were specifically designed to drive less visual variation between injection moulded parts and thermoformed parts.
- Thormac was eager to embrace working with KYDEX® Injection Moulding, to be able to bring the industry and their customers new innovative solutions.
- SEKISUI SPI is a global thermoplastics leader that is changing manufacturing for the 21st century by challenging how to think, design, and create as a master supplier. Fuelled by a team of over 300 dedicated professionals, SEKISUI SPI serves customers in 34 countries across a diverse spectrum of major industries including aviation, transportation, medical, agriculture and heavy equipment, and industrial equipment housings.
α-S100iA IS330. It will be with us by October!Repeatability you can rely on.No matter how many parts you produce using FANUC ROBOSHOT, injection speeds always remain constant, guaranteeing you extremely high levels of consistency and accuracy. The New machine will...
AIX 2020 CANCELLED Due to the ongoing Corona Virus global crises the AIX 2020 has been postponed until further notice. In a statement on the AIX website the organisers have stressed due to the Covid-19 outbreak it was necessary to postpone the event: "the Passenger...
Thormac, one of Ireland's leading contract plastic injection moulding companies will be exhibiting at the AIRTEC show in Munich Germany on the 14th. and 15th. of October. The Show demonstrates the entire aerospace supply chain from design, engineering, testing,...