Design to Manufacture for Injection Moulded ProductsDesigning Your Product to be Easily Manufactured
Designing for Efficient Production and Low Cost
Design for Manufacturing is the process of designing or engineering a product so that it is easy to manufacture at the lowest possible price. The process includes a review of the raw material selection, secondary processes (finishing, plating), dimensional requirements and even final packaging.
- Reduces material, overhead and labour cost
- Shortens the product development cycle
- Focuses on standards to reduce cost
Key Principles in the DFM Process:
- Minimize part count
- Standardize parts and materials
- Create modular assemblies
- Design for efficient joining
- Minimize re-orientation of parts during assembly and/or machining
- Simplify and reduce the number of manufacturing operations
- Specify ‘acceptable’ surface finishes for functionality
α-S100iA IS330. It will be with us by October!Repeatability you can rely on.No matter how many parts you produce using FANUC ROBOSHOT, injection speeds always remain constant, guaranteeing you extremely high levels of consistency and accuracy. The New machine will...
AIX 2020 CANCELLED Due to the ongoing Corona Virus global crises the AIX 2020 has been postponed until further notice. In a statement on the AIX website the organisers have stressed due to the Covid-19 outbreak it was necessary to postpone the event: "the Passenger...
Thormac, one of Ireland's leading contract plastic injection moulding companies will be exhibiting at the AIRTEC show in Munich Germany on the 14th. and 15th. of October. The Show demonstrates the entire aerospace supply chain from design, engineering, testing,...